The SvgPublish Visio Extension allows you to publish a Visio diagram as HTML page(s). It uses it’s own custom HTML export and extends the built-in Visio feature with some unique capabilities.
Below you can see some sample exported pages. You can open them live by clicking the picture. For more examples, please check out the examples page.
The published diagram is available for most modern browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome) and modern mobile devices (smartphones and tablets). Means, it supports touch interface. You can pan/zoom the published diagrams with your fingers, or mouse wheel (works as well).
- It uses pure HTML5 (SVG being part of HTML5). Means, no browser plugins like Silverlight or Visio viewer are required. This allows the exported pages to be hosted static hostings, such as GitHub page hosting for example, or simply on your hard drive or USB stick.
- The site structure does not use frames like the built-in Visio HTML export, so you can easily grab the URL for the published diagram page directly from the browser address line, and use it to share the view.
- Layer visibility is supported as a stock option.
- Local drive, GitHub and SharePoint targets are supported.
Downloading and installing
The supported versions of Visio include: Visio 2007 SP3, Visio 2010/2013/2016/2019 (all editions, including standard).
The ad-din requires .NET Framework 4.5
For Visio 2007, the ad-din requires VSTO Runtime 4 version 10.0.50325 or later (it adds SHA-256 certificate support to the stock install. If you encounter any signature issues, please make sure the latest version of the runtime is installed. Please note that this version is installed by windows update unless opted out). For later version, no extra runtimes are required.
The publishing ad-din can be installed both per-user (does not require admin rights) and per-computer (can be rolled out using directory services in the organization).
Please download the offline installer below and follow the wizard.
- Shape properties (shape data)
- Shape selection/hover
- Page navigation (including Visio page references), hyperlink single-click navigation to drill down
- Tooltips (not limited)
- Single page / All page export
The add-in directly supports now 3 types of targets:
- Simple plain-page HTML export to local disk. You get the static HTML files and you can do whatever you want wit them (put them to hosting, just open in the browsers, etc)
- SharePoint page export. You can export the pages directly to your SharePoint environment, using secure connection. The addin supports these types of SharePoint authentications: Windows Authentication (NTLM/Kerberos), SharePoint online (Office 365), Anonymous, Forms, AD FS (Claims). You can select target site and libraries where to put the file(s). Note that enterprise edition is not required, it will work with any edition
The export addin is free for individuals. It’s not free for commercial organizations. Please click the link below for ordering information.