The SVG Export Visio Extension allows you to publish a Visio diagram as HTML page. It uses it’s own custom HTML export engine, and SVG output format for the generating diagrams, providing some advantages over the stock export.
Below you can see some sample exported pages. You can open them live by clicking the picture.
For more examples, please check out the examples page.
The published diagram is available for most modern browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome) and modern mobile devices (smart phones and tablets). Means, it supports touch interface. You can pan/zoom the published diagrams with your fingers, or mouse wheel (works as well). Tiny demon on phone emulator:
- It does not use anything but pure HTML5 (and SVG which is part of HTML5). Means, no browser plugins like Silverlight or Visio viewer is required. This allows the exported pages to be hosted even on GitHub page hosting.
- The site structure does not use frames like Visio HTML export, so you can easily grab the URL for the published diagram page directly from the browser address line, and send it to another person to view.
Downloading and installing
The supported versions of Visio include: Visio 2007 SP3, Visio 2010/2013/2016 (all editions, including standard).
The addin requires .NET Framework 4.5
The addin requires VSTO Runtime 4 version 10.0.50325 or later (it adds SHA-256 certificate support to the stock install. If you encounter any signature issues, please make sure the latest version of the runtime is installed. Please note that this version is installed by windows update, unless opted out).
The publishing addin can be installed both per-user (does not require admin rights) and per-computer (can be rolled out using directory services in organization).
Please download the offline installer below and follow the wizard.
|SvgExport-1.2.5.msi||SVG Publish Addin v. 1.2.5 New features: search support, option to open links in new window, custom templates support. VisioOnline support, code editing support, sidebar/tooltip/popover template support.||3.9 MiB||29.11.2017|
|SvgExport-1.2.7.msi||SVG Publish Addin v. 1.2.7 New features: "Always hide sidebar by default" checkbox||4.0 MiB||16.05.2018|
|SvgExport-1.2.9.msi||- Fix for IE11 layer-switching display (bootstrap-switch updated to v. 3.3.4)|
- New features: popover timeouts, popover click outside, popover trigger options
|SvgExport-1.2.6.msi||SVG Publish Addin v. 1.2.6 New features: SharePoint modern pages support, enterprise install support||4.0 MiB||14.05.2018|
|SvgExport-1.2.10.msi||- New: add "hover + click" tooltip and popover behavior.|
- Fix "Export Single Page" NRE when shape sheet window is opened
|SvgExport-1.0.9.msi||SvgPublish extension v. 1.0.9 (new feature - layers support)||2.0 MiB||10.02.2017|
|SvgExport-1.0.8.msi||Visio HTML Publishing Addin v. 1.0.8 (fixed duplicate property processing)||2.0 MiB||20.01.2017|
- Shape properties (shape data)
- Shape selection / hover
- Page navigation (including Visio page references), hyperlink single-click navigation to drill down
- Tooltips (not limited)
- Single page / All page export
The addin directly supports now 3 type of targets:
- Simple plain-page HTML export to local disk. You get the static HTML files and you can do whatever you want wit them (put them to hosting, just open in the browsers, etc)
- SharePoint page export. You can export the pages directly to your SharePoint environment, using secure connection. The addin supports these types of SharePoint authentications: Windows Authentication (NTLM/Kerberos), SharePoint online (Office 365), Anonymous, Forms, AD FS (Claims). You can select target site and libraries where to put the file(s). Note that enterprise edition is not required, it will work with any edition
The export addin is free for individuals. It’s not free for commercial organizations. Please click the link below for ordering information.